Thursday, June 16, 2011

gathering information

I am gathering information for a fun children's style book on Papa.  It has been an interesting journey for me so far.  I have been attending the "Papa's Party" for many years as I married into the family.  I did not know Papa personally and so talking with those who knew him has been informitive and wonderful to hear stories of his life.  I met with Sarah Allen this week and received a copy of the CD which was done a year ago as part of Papa's Party.  Thanks to those who took the time to create and share this with the family! 

A friend of mine showed me a book that she had done on her Grandfather, which shared his life story in the form of a hard bound children's book with pictures.  It got me thinking and wondering which ancestor to begin with, and since Papa's Party was coming up I decided to research Papa.  I was very surprised that not much information was available on his life that I knew about.  The Blue Pyper books have a short write up about him and his family.  There are a couple of one page histories and then just this week (thanks to Sarah Allen a granddaugther) I have a copy of the history written by Althora.  I will work to add pictures and history information that I have collected thus far and hope that others will share.  I also understand that for Papa's birthday one year they made a collection of memories of the children and grandchildren.  I haven't been able to get a copy of this collection so far, I will be trying to meet with Marion and some of her daughters, since they most likely have the most information.  Please feel free to share!
Thanks!
Carolee

No comments:

Post a Comment